The Daily Struggle: Morning Commute

Well, it’s just another Manic Monday! Mondays are usually a daily struggle for most people because it is the first day of the workweek. You usually have to readjust after a long, relaxing weekend. I knew that it was going to be a rough one just by the way this morning played out.

First, I definitely did NOT get enough sleep. But, let me give you a little bit of a back story as to why. So, there is this guy I have been crushing on. Okay, he’s actually my neighbor. My roommate actually dates his roommate. It’s a whole big thing. Anyways, they were all hanging out on the porch and my roommate asked if I wanted to come over and hangout. I said yes, even though it was 10:30 pm and I looked like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. I made my way over and immediately began cracking jokes. I always found that laughter is the key to someone’s heart. To be continued to find out if that statement stands true.

We were all up laughing, having some beers, and just enjoying the beautiful evening. It didn’t even dawn on me that it was 2:00 am and I was still up acting a fool. The thought of having to wake up in less than 6 hours literally made me sick. So, we decided to head home and hit the hay. Of course, I was so hyped up on adrenaline from the hangout going really well. I just laid in bed for another 45 minutes thinking about my wedding to the neighbor. Fantasizing is one of my worst qualities. I get myself all excited just to be let down. Whatever, a girl can dream.

Shortly after I was knocked out sawing logs. If there is one thing I know how to do, it’s sleep. I was knocked out, drooling all over the place. Then the worst thing that could possibly happen, happened… My alarm went off. Usually, I like to get up at 7:45 am every day. Instead, I rolled out of bed at around 8:15 am. From there the morning just went downhill. 

My cat threw up on my vanity so I had to clean that up. What a sicko. Then I got mascara all over my nose. Mascara is literally the hardest thing to wipe off your face. You practically have to wipe your whole face off and start over. Anyways, I was able to just put more foundation over top of it. Looking like a straight-up clown. After that, I could not decide on an outfit. Everything I liked was dirty and I didn’t have enough time to make a decision on a cute outfit. I went with a burnt orange tank, ripped jeans, and a kimono. Could I be more basic on this Monday morning? Either way, I was able to get completely ready before 8:45 am, which is record time for me. 30 minutes to transform from a troll to a functioning human is a challenge, and ya girl got it done.

By 8:50 am I was in my car and driving like a bat out of Hell just to find that the tunnel I had to travel through to get into the city was BEYOND backed up. I ended up sitting in that tunnel for almost 35 minutes. I could’ve slept in longer, or brought a book to read in that time. However, it did give me more time to listen to my murder podcasts. Nothing says Monday morning like a little murder. 

Nonetheless, I made it to work about 30 minutes late, but it’s all good. Everyone at my job understands the struggle of having to sit in traffic. It just was on a whole different level this morning. After the chaos of this morning, I was able to have a very productive and creative day at work. There are a lot of awesome things going on here and I cannot wait to share them with you all on a later date. 

I hope that everyone has a productive start to their week. If you struggle on a Monday, just know that you are not alone! I would love to hear some of your morning struggles, and what lengths you go to in order to be around your crush. This is an open space for you to share anything that you may be going through. I look forward to hearing from you all!



August 12, 2019 by Trusst Brands

Leave a comment

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.